|by Rob on May 12th, 2008|
The rumors have been confirmed by Blackberry with an official announcement and full website feature for their brand new product: The Blackberry Bold 9000! It’s looking like AT&T will roll it out in the summer and T-Mobile will follow.
Their marketing folks took a trip to clicheville with their opening promo copy: “Be Bold. Accept no substitutes. Power the passions you pursue with a smartphone that expresses your style and simplifies your life.”
Here is a look at the down and dirty specs… this story is developing so we’ll keep this updated as the details emerge:
- 1GB on-board memory with encryption.
- Tri-band HSDPA.
- Pricing in the $300-$500 range with a carrier.
- Launching on AT&T “this summer.”
- Interchangable color back plates.
- 5 hours of talk time, 13 days of standby time.
- 624-MHz Marvell Tavor PXA930 processor
And if you’re curious what RIM has to say about their new Blackberry… we’ve copied/pasted what’s on their Features list. Warning: beginning trip back to clicheville.
- The Blackberry Experience. No compromises. With email, phone, IM and the Internet, it can connect you. With an integrated organizer, it can help you stay on top of your day. With camera and video recording, you can capture and share the moment with just a few clicks. And that’s just the beginning.
- Fast Performance. Do more — do it faster. Take advantage of the speeds available on the HSDPA network and the BlackBerry Bold smartphone’s 624-MHz processor. Multitask and prioritize with access to your voice and data services at the same time.
- Multimedia. The fun goes with you. Enjoy premier image and video viewing, build playlists of your favorite songs and organize your media files. You can even use BlackBerry® Media Sync to transfer desktop iTunes® music files to your smartphone. Downtime may be rare, but the BlackBerry Bold delivers a wealth of entertainment.
- GPS and Blackberry Maps. Know where you stand. With built-in GPS capabilities, and BlackBerry® Maps, you get turn-by-turn directions, so you can pinpoint where you are right now and where you need to be.
- Wi-Fi. Simple and straightforward. Lower your cellular costs and get service in areas where cellular network coverage may be limited or unavailable, with BlackBerry® data services over Wi-Fi® networks.
- Razor Sharp Display. Color and clarity come to life. The screen of the BlackBerry Bold smartphone catches the eye and is designed to deliver color and clarity that exceed expectations. From the moment you turn it on, you’ll be blown away by explicit color and quality.
[Via Blackberry.com and BGR]